Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Slice of Life!

Well Cameroon is fabulous as always! It has been 5 weeks now that we've been here learning French and trying not to stick out too terribly bad. We visited a current volunteer this week and another health center...we are learning tons and staying super busy!!!
On a more exciting front we had bike training last week and on our inaugural ride around the finely crafted roads here in western Cameroon...I fell. Yeah, not a big surprise I know...however it ended in a trip to the hospital here in the thriving metropolis of Bangante and getting the first stitches of the group. So ok basically I managed to fall on my bike brake handle which angrily inserted itself into my upper thigh. It is going to be a pretty gruesome scar but on the whole was really not as bad as it sounds/looked. I go back to the hospital tomorrow to get my stitches removed and everything is clearing up well. What are the odds? Ha...but what a great story right? Yeah I got this gnarly scar mountain biking in Africa...
Anyway things are going great! We find out our posts in 5 days!! And then in 7 days we get to travel to our respective sites to meet people and peek around. Keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to have internet at my site! Anyway I must be going...but I love you all! I'll write again when I can!
Love from Cameroon!!
<3 Amanda

1 comment:

  1. i love blog-stalking you:) haha girl i'm sorry you fell off your bike but you are right it makes for a great story. i'm so glad things are going well so far, and i can't wait to hear more about it once you know your post!! hows that french coming along?? love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete