Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let the games begin...

Hello Everyone!
I hope things are going well?! I hope you're all keeping up with the World Cup...as we play tonight! Not something I ever followed before being here in Cameroon...it HUGE here! Sadly our team did not play well at all...it was kinda embarrassing. But c'est la vie! hehe! In other sports news...I'm organizing a camp right now with three other people in my community. It is going to be a weeklong overnight camp with about 100 kids...I know...I'm insane. But I think it's going to be a blast! The kids are super excited about it and people from the community are so willing to join in and help out!! We've had mattresses and labor and supplies donated right and left which is super exciting and sustainable! :) So that is pretty much my life right now. I'm working like crazy to get things together for this and doing lots of praying that it will go off without a hitch.
Also I'm awaiting my new postmate, an IT education volunteer, who will be coming to Lolodorf for a weeklong visit this Tuesday!! Not sure how I feel about it honestly...it's exciting and will be nice to have another American around...you know speak a little English from time to time, but at the same time the dynamic at post is going to change significantly. I have kind of gotten used to being the only blanche for miles around. But we shall see...I'm sure it will all work out wonderfully...and Peace Corps really teaches you a lot about being about to deal with and work through changes. So I will keep you posted on how that goes!
Well friends...I need to get some more work done as my time here in Yaounde = time with internet/computer is quite limited. I hope you are all doing well and thank you so much to everyone who has written letters/sent packages etc...it's so wonderful to know that you guys are over there supporting me and taking the time to think about me!! Know that I love you all so very much and I think about you all the time!! I miss you and I will try to write again soon!!
<3 Amanda
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment